Hippo’s Charity Foundation was founded as a Not For Profit organisation on the 11-11-11. The purpose of the organisation is to raise funds to build accommodation close to hospitals for the families of adult patients undergoing treatment.
We believe that positive thinking, support and love aid a patient’s recovery. We couldn’t imagine lying in a hospital bed alone with your closest family or friends hundreds of kilometres away. So please join us and help keep families together during their time of need.
Fundraising Initiatives so far:
- Hippos Cancer Ride: a 7 month ride through Queensland in 2012, visiting rural and remote locations raising awareness of their mission and taking donations along the way
- Charity Collection Boxes: 360 collection boxes currently in local businesses around Queensland so far
- T-shirts: along the ride, “Proudly supporting a Hippo on a Hog” shirts were sold at the marquees
- Water: Natural Spring water featuring our logo is available in various retail outlets across the Sunshine Coast
- Stalls at various organised events promoting the Foundation and collecting donations
- Family Fun Day: wonderful days where local businesses show their support for the Foundation and locals experience a fantastic day of family fun
If you would like to support any of the initiatives above please contact us.